Monday, April 25, 2011

The Universe's scale - unfathomable, but unifiying.

Trying to think of the immensity of it puts all my problems into perspective for me. But I also believe knowing we are only specks in the grand scheme of things should bring us closer to each other. We are all made of the same matter. The same star dust.  If we zoom all the way back, and therefore, back in time, to the big bang, the beginning, there was nothing but dust, and we are all made of the stuff, at one point that was all there was. So there is no excuse to treat each other badly.

(Love the soundtrack. In case you're wondering it's Promontory, also used in Last of the Mohicans, one of my favourite films.) 


Another site to try to understand the Scale of the universe.

7 comments:

  1. Hi!
    Great "U" post. Love the video, I've seen it before and it's awesome. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Just Books
    http://sherriesbooks.blogspot.com/2011/04/to-z-blogging-challenge-u.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I found your blog. I'm stopping by from the A to Z challenge and I look forward to visiting again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! And how cool that you live in New Zealand. Someday I want to go there and see all the places where Lord of the Rings was filmed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this blog - what a wonderful thing - to perpetuate one of the finest institutions humankind has created. I first found the library in my elementary school as a first grader, and shortly was walking to the town library on my own - not recommended outside of small town Illinois anytime after 1977...my first check outs were The Hardy Boys and Tom Swift - but I explored all over that library - it was small, but wonderful. I've been to several terrific ones since - the town library where I went to high school - in a donated old home, with servants' stairs and a dumbwaiter...my university library - a record holder then as the largest open stack library in the world...I'm glad we've met thanks to the April A-Z Blogging Challenge - think I'll pull up a chair and continue reading...

    ReplyDelete
  5. A cosmic reason for us to all just get along and forget the petty crap we think is so important and is really meaningless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish more people would take this information to heart!

    www.TheRegalRenegade.com

    ReplyDelete